WELCOME to the 40 Days of Fire Campaign!
Here are the CliffNotes:
- Contribute (bottom of this page) to the 40 Days of Fire campaign and sign up to bring the 40 Days of Fire campaign to your community
- Read Education and Action Page and take the specific actions outlined
- Disseminate the Education and Action Page (email, social media, etc…)
There has been an aggressive and persistent political assault across this nation (including Vermont), fueled with race baiting and based in white nationalism . At the same time Vermont, not unlike the rest of the nation is undergirded in systemic racism and challenged with overt racism. 40 Days of Fire is a statewide racial justice community organizing initiative designed for two purposes: to electorize the fight against the current use of racial dog whistles in discourse and debate by educating and empowering folks to break their silence and; to enlist Vermonters to learn more about and engage in our ongoing efforts in the fight against overt and systemic racism in Vermont.
This joint effort by Justice For All and Rights and Democracy is offering folks in all communities across the state an opportunity to host and participate in training and empowerment sessions, conduct workshops, register to vote and participate in voter engagement opportunities as well as directly confront candidates and elected officials on the issues of racial justice and the rights of those in traditionally marginalized communities.
- Race, politics and policy: The Making of a Nation
- The State of Vermont: Systemic (and overt) racism across the state
- Breakout: Addressing overt and systemic racism in Vermont
- Strategy to call out and take a stand against racial pandering in politics